Assignments are part of college work students cannot escape. Students should learn how to write essays as they are part...Read More
There is a widespread problem you need to meet a deadline, but you have no idea what to write about. A topic for the argumentative essay has to be an argument because if it won’t, you will fail your task and get a low mark.
With this in mind picking a topic, all those criteria have to be mentioned; knowledge (you are qualified in the chosen topic and know where to find the additional materials), interest (you are interested in the explored question), available sources (before taking a topic, make yourself sure, that it’s enough material to fulfill your work).
How to Choose a Good Topic:
- Make sure you pick a topic with no definite answer yet.
- The more controversial topic is, the better it will be for debate purposes; therefore, choose somebody who doesn’t agree with it.
- Another key thing is the topic, which is connected with something everyone has an opinion about. It would make your research of arguments easier.
Samples of Topics – Good
- Is it easy to be a black sheep, and whether these people called strong?
- Is eternal true art, or it’s just a subject of fashion?
- Can you forgive a betrayal of a loved one?
- Should I complain about fate, whether it is in our hands?
- Is it important to have close friends, or it’s enough to have acquaintances?
Easy Argumentative Topics
- Internet trolls are real-life vampires.
- People with high self-esteem have higher chances of winning.
- Google’s autocompleting functions use negative stereotypes.
- Birth control pills should be more accessible.
- The government shouldn’t sponsor media.
- Would the motivation for studying among the students rise if college education were free?
- Should colleges offer degrees in sports?
- Is it necessary for students to get the opportunity to try themselves in the preferred job, even if they do not have enough experience?
- Would education become fully remote during the time of developed technologies?
- Should students have the possibility to grade their teachers?
Topics Middle School
- Should schools сancel summer vacation?
- Is homework harmful to your health?
- What teacher do you appreciate?
- Teachers should use more cartoons to illustrate some new material.
- Celebrity worship syndrome is normal for teens.
- Every worker should use a bike when he rides to his job.
- Cybersport is not exactly a kind of sport.
- Women shouldn’t go in for powerlifting.
- Every day morning exercises are better than evening exercises.
- Schools should place more emphasis on sports instead of academics.
- Do violent video games cause behavior problems?
- Must fashion be expensive and available only to specific people?
- Texting helps students improve their reading and writing skills.
- Modern technologies make people lazy.
- Self-plagiarism is nonsense.
- What is Love? What kind of love leads to a lasting relationship?
- Gay marriages are wrong. They have not to be allowed.
- Parents should allow kids to draw on the wall.
- Smoking can’t relieve stress.
- Creativity is a smart combination of the ideas of others.
- A death sentence might be acceptable in some cases.
- A woman’s place is in the kitchen with the children.
- Committing suicide should be made legal.
- Soft drugs should be legalized in every country.
- Foreigners shouldn’t be allowed to vote.
- All the blondes are stupid, and they can’t take high positions.
- At what age have students started to date?
- Cats are better than dogs.
- Slang is a special norm in communication.
- A Twilight Saga has got important philosophical messages.
- Same-sex couples have lower divorce rates than heterosexuals.
- California has the most beautiful girls.
- Every parent needs some personal time and space.
- A country’s climate influences its people’s mentality.
- Virtual reality can be dangerous for everyone.
Argumentative Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should the legal age to purchase tobacco be raised from 18 to 21?
- You won’t create a career if you care about family and vice versa.
- Do we need religion?
- Is it necessary to eat meat?
- Politics and church should be separate.
- A personal dislike of the teacher might be a compelling reason not to pass his subject.
- What is the problem of bullying or cyberbullying in your school or community?
- Extra-curricular activities increase students’ career prospects.
- The visiting of elections should be optional.
- The communication between students and professors on Facebook is okay.
Obesity Argumentative Essay Topics
- Is it true that Americans are more likely to be overweight than other nationalities?
- Can vegetarian diets be healthy?
- Are diets harmful to teenagers?
- What is the best and long-term method for people to lose weight, surgery, diets, and physical exercises?
- Should schools promote better health in students by forbidding vending machines that sell sodas and different harmful snacks?
- Is weight gain caused by genetics, environmental problems, or other factors?
Medical Argumentative Essay Topics
- The process of cloning people has a lot of benefits.
- The race of your ancestors affects your intelligence.
- If you continue communicating with a person with AIDS, you will be sick too.
- Every woman can have a right to an abortion.
- Does a healthy lifestyle help you to live till hundred years