Communication research topic can be very broad. It includes different aspects of communication like verbal, non-verbal and written. In this...Read More
There are many argumentative sides one can take on topics surrounding volunteering. And it’s for this reason that many instructors bring this subject up when providing persuasive essay assignments in class.
If you are given a prompt then you might have to stick within the parameters required by your instructor, but you might also have the ability to choose an interesting topic on your own.
Here’s a great list of topics to consider:
- Do you think that it’s too early in life for middle school or high school students to volunteer in the community? Do you think it should be required?
- Is providing community services in some areas more valuable than others? Should certain areas of community service receive higher credit or greater recognition?
- Do you think that there should be mandatory criminal background checks for all volunteers or only when one intends on providing services within a certain area?
- Should volunteer programs be mandatory at all levels of school going as far up as graduate school even? What benefits will the community see if this were made a requirement?
- Do you think that mandatory community service is a great alternative to putting people in jail for minor non-violent crimes?
- Do you mandatory community service will minimize the effect volunteers have on the community as a result of lackluster enthusiasm among participants?
- Should volunteer workers receive tax incentives, breaks or refunds for their work towards the betterment of the community?
- What do you believe is the worst community service or volunteer job available? Is this true in most places or is the opportunity or position only available in specific areas?
- Should volunteer hours be limited or reduced in order to ensure students get enough time to focus on their academic work and improve their chances of finding success in school?
- How should colleges and universities’ admissions committees view community and volunteer service when measuring an applicant’s fit into their specific community?
- Do you think it’s fair for high school students to wait until their senior year to commit so many volunteer hours in order to attract attention on their college applications?
- Should college and university admissions offices punish applicants who have done no volunteer work but have instead focused more on their academics and perhaps even worked to save money for their education?
With best custom writing websites it's easy! Ask support for help.