Communication research topic can be very broad. It includes different aspects of communication like verbal, non-verbal and written. In this...Read More
A debate is a formal discussion of a certain subject in which a lot of people take part in promoting their arguments.
The important word here is ‘argument.’ The argument presents reasons for supporting or opposing some idea or suggestion. Opposing sides demonstrate their arguments during debates, and the one with more convincing points wins.
Opinion has no value without arguments. A good argument has its power, which is called ‘persuasion.’ Persuasion is an art, as it requires solid skills to prove your sayings and make people believe them.
What is a Persuasive Speech?
Persuasive speech is a certain type of speech that has its purpose in being delivered to the audience. Once the speaker talks to the audience, this person wants to accomplish certain goals and be confident that the audience accepts their personal opinion.
Whether formal or personal, persuasive speech is a type of communication aimed at implementing changes in others. Among the different speech topics, sports still stay in the top place, and sports debates are frequently the most heated.
Variety of Sports Persuasive Speech Topics
As the Internet is the main source of information and sport is a subject of extreme popularity, you can find a vast range of topics on the Internet. Almost every person has their favorite sports activity or football (or any other kind of game) team, thus finding a topic to discuss with people interested in ‘today’s sports news won’t be a problem.
Try finding the most controversial issue and make your arguments.
Successful Persuasive Speech Tips
The first thing you should remember is that your speech must sound earnest. Solid arguments and strong evidence are constituents of a good persuasive essay. We have prepared some tips for making an impressive and effective persuasive speech.
- Be simple. Don’t mention things you are unfamiliar with, only to sound terrific. Talk about teams you like and players who inspire you (LeBron James is a good example of such a person). Simplicity and honesty attract an audience.
- Make a structure. Creating a list of arguments in the sequence is an excellent way to start writing your speech. Begin with an introduction about your attitude to sports or a certain event.
- Be concise and accurate. Choose three or four facts or events and tell about them briefly. Then describe your personal opinion on those issues.
Sports Persuasive Speech Topics
There are lots of topics that can be heatedly discussed among true fans. But, you have to understand that not all people understand some specific research topics. That’s why you should aim at your audience and choose something general to discuss.
There is a list of persuasive essays about sports everyone heard about. Here they are:
- Are online sports betting legal?
- Is World Wrestling Entertainment real?
- Should college athletes be paid?
- Why baseball players should take drug tests before playing.
- High school football programs should receive less funding.
- Can scandals be avoided in the Olympics?
- Should drug tests be mandatory for professional athletes?
- Should drug tests be mandatory for school athletes?
- Why cheerleading is essential.
- Which is the best: Badminton or Tennis?
- Bungee jumping is not a sport but dangerous activity.
- Why we should not cheer for the Redskins.
- Bullfighting and horse racing should be banned for cruelty.
- Learning how to swim should be a requirement.
- Is it necessary to include several rules in rugby league football?
- Boxing should have stricter rules to keep boxers safe.
- Why should you become a swimmer?
- Athletics are too much a priority in schools.
- Is NASCAR a sport?
- Should the FIFA world cup have price ranges?
All the given speech topics are debatable but stick to your main goal – persuade the audience. When you decide on the topic, read the chosen subject or problem as much as possible, and you’ll have a fixed viewpoint; after that, you can start making a plan for your speech.
Preparation will boost your confidence and lose the question-answer session. Practice your persuasion skills by writing persuasive essays and reading sports-related topics, and you will not lose! Or you can use the CustomWriting service to boost your essay!