The expository essay differs from other types of texts in that it requires expressing your point of view on a...Read More
When writing an argumentative essay, there are various different general topics that you can use to write about. In fact, as long as there are no restrictions in terms of the subject that you are studying, then you can write an argumentative paper on just about any topic that you can think of.
Essentially, you need to ensure that the topic that you are discussing can be looked at from at least two different points of view and, therefore, you will argue from one of these points of view.
Of course, when it comes to a general topic such as Disney, then it can be easy to think that there are not many argumentative titles that can be created.
Basically, for many people, Disney is a lovable corporation that has created many wonderful films, and will often be associated with good times that people have had during childhood. However, there are still many different topics that can be used when writing an argumentative paper.
For example, you may wish to discuss which films you think are better or worse than others or you may wish to discuss various aspects relating to the different Disney films, such as which films have the best characters or soundtracks.
On the other hand, Disney as a company, as well as its founder – Walt Disney – have both had their fair share of controversial incidents over the years, including accusations of racism and other contentious points.
Therefore, you may wish to look beyond the films, in order to find a wide range of different topics to write about for an argumentative paper.
For example, there are a variety of different ideas listed below:
- Walt Disney has not received enough condemnation for the political views that he held
- Disney cartoons use the best animation of all animated films
- Disney cartoons and films too often portray women in a bad light
- Disney cartoons give young children an unrealistic view of what the world is really like
- Disney should do more to educate its young viewers
- Bambi is the saddest film of all time
- Disney should resist the temptation to make films using computer animations and should instead use the traditional drawing that made them so well-loved in the first place
- Everybody should have watched at least one Disney film in their life
- Disney fails to accurately represent other cultures in their films
- Walt Disney does not deserve to have won as many Oscars as he did